Gotcha! Nope, I haven't made it big time, I just did this fun magazine cover over at Flickr. I got the idea from Country Girl, go there to see what she did with her cool border collie George and find the link on how you can create your own!
In other news, I've been tagged by Victoria over at Teachings of the Horse, to tell you six things about me that you might not know. So here goes, but I can't promise you it will be interesting.
1. I love cheese. But I am really picky about cheese. I prefer white cheese, and dry, like Parmesan. I like fancy, dry, unique white gourmet cheese. Except for mozzarella, that is an exception, I can eat that out of the tub. But I do not like mozzarella cheese sticks, like those string cheese kind. I also like cheddar, but I prefer it sharp. I am not a big melted cheese fan, unless it is on pizza or in pasta or tacos. For example, I usually order hamburgers, not cheeseburgers. I detest Velveeta or canned cheese. Blech! Okay, so that's the cheesy scoop on Pony Girl and cheese.
2. I am afraid of pit bulls. There, I said it. I am. I do not know where this fear has come from. I have very limited experience with Pitt bulls and it has never been negative. My most negative experience with a dog was with a doberman/rottweiler that turned on me while I was petting it (luckily I escaped with just a minor scratch on my ear.) My good friends have a rottweiler that I have known since he was 8 weeks old and I dog sit him, and I am not afraid of him. So, this does not really make sense to me. Regardless, if a pit bull is in my midst, I do not really feel comfortable.
3. I do not smoke. I never have. If a guy smokes, he really has no chance. I find smoking to be very unattractive. If I see a handsome guy and the next instant he lights up, nope- sorry, I'm moving on, dude. It's a deal breaker for me.
4. I hate to fly. Well, I do not know how to fly (sorry, you thought I was sharing a really amazing talent, huh?) Besides, the fear is not of flying, it's of the plane falling. Throughout the entire flight I feel and listen for every bump and sound that signals the plane is going down. However, I have learned to deal with this fear, and without medication, thanks to more frequent flying and some really turbulent trips (which proves the plane can jump and dip and will still stay in the sky.) I have finally beginning to feel less anxious during flights. I do not think I will ever enjoy it. But I do not want it to stop me from traveling and experiencing new places.
5. I cry very easily. I am the C.E.O. of Waterworks Corp. Tears for Fears is my favorite band. Music and sad movies and commercials can bring on the flood. I love that I am emotional and in touch with my feelings- sometimes. Other times, it's just a big old pain because I will get dehydrated from crying and then get a headache. Or I can't find any Kleenex. Or I'm in public and crying messes up my make-up. Well, I don't really cry in public too much. I try to hold it all in and wait until I'm home.
6. During my 16-year hiatus from owning a horse, I took hunter-jumper lessons. I was around 24 years old. I rode two off-the-track Thoroughbreds, the latter one being a huge teen-aged bay gelding named Tester (appropriately so.) I was jumping little 2' courses by the time I quit. The old-school beast of a helmet I still own and wear to this day is from my hunt seat days. I really enjoyed these lessons but found the money I had to put into the "practice rides" along with the cost of the lessons just didn't fit into my mid-twenties financial aid budget. And you know what? I don't have one single photo from that six months of riding. Just mental pictures. Oh, well.
I'm not going to tag anyone because I think I've been reading these on most of your sites anyway, but if you haven't participated and want to share some of yourself with us, consider yourself tagged!