Sunday, March 30, 2008

About Me

After a 17 year hiatus, at age 39, I am once again blazing trails through the horse world. Join the ride as I share the adventures of my Appaloosa gelding "My Boy," my family of cowgirls and their horses, and my journey in becoming a horsewoman.

I practice Natural Horsemanship following the methods of Buck Brannaman, Pat Parelli, Clinton Anderson, and Ken McNabb. I try to observe my horse's behavior and learn from it. I believe in giving the horse a chance to figure out what I am asking, and making the choice I want the easy choice for my horse. I also somewhat spoil my horse rotten, which really throws curve balls at my horsemanship techniques!

I started blogging a year and a half ago. It is a wonderful creative outlet for me. Ever since I was a child, I wanted to be a writer or an artist. I was interested in journalism and magazine editing. Horses were always a huge part of my life. As I grew older, I became interested in interior decorating. My parents and grandmother instilled in me a love of antiques, thrifting, and all things vintage. At one point, I even wanted to be a wedding or party planner! Today, I am a school teacher. I am still riding horses, and still dreaming of being an interior decorator or a published author. I have recently added photography (in a more technical sense, as I've always loved to take pictures) to my growing list of creative passions.

This blog will cover all of my interests, whether it be the various adventures of me and my horse, or my latest treasure from the flea market. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Your new format looks great! Congrats,
    Garlic Man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also just gone back to riding in my late 30's & I am just loving, to be around horses again has given me a new lease on life, along with the worry of having another baby (4 legged) to worry about. Look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. I love your horse stories and your beautiful Appy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!! I truly enjoy all of your feedback, advice, helpful tips, and stories. You all make me laugh and I learn so much from you, too. I will try to post replies to your comments as often as I can.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin