Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lemonade, Ice Cold Lemonade!


I was awarded the lemonade stand award by Fern Valley over at Fern Valley Appaloosas, my other Appy loving friend RedDunAppy over at There is a Horse in My Bubblebath, and my Austrian friend, Cheyenne. Thank you very much, I am very honored and excited to pass this along!

Here are the rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link this post to the person from whom you received your award.

I do really love a tall glass of refreshing lemonade! Although not so much during the current weather. Like me, I'm sure you are all craving something more like a hot toddy! But you can't beat lemonade in the summertime! And nobody makes special cowgirl lemonade like my Auntie J, the Desert Rose. She is the first recipient of this award. She has supplied me with lemonade of a different um- variety, for the trail riding we do when we visit her in the desert. This lemonade has gotten me into a lot of trouble, and, I don't necessarily mean on the trail rides! For her, this award is perfect, she has the cowgirl attitude, and I owe her great gratitude for all she has done for me!


Let's see, I have to pass this on to other bloggers, too. It seems like most of the blogs I read and love have already received their lemonade cart, so I will pass it on to some new bloggers I've recently discovered, as sort of a welcoming gesture. A good drink always helps make new friends, right?

Two Dog Pond~ I heard about Rachel's fun necklace qoute contests and had to check her out. She is very creative and has great photos and stories on her blog about living in the country!

Farmhouse Style~ Another creative farm girl, from the North Georgia Mountains, who sews and cooks and just has the cutest cats, chickens, and kiddo!

Dear Daisy Cottage~ As I have mentioned, I love home decor. Kim's little cottage is charming and her blog is a delight, featuring inspiring photos of her place!

From the Front Porch~ Ann takes me on a wonderful journey (along with Karl the dog and Bob the cat) through her photos. I'm definitely grateful for the peaceful feeling that I get just reading her blog!

Hayseeds and Horsefeathers~ I would love to live in this Canadian farmhouse. This is a beautiful blog, well-written and has a lot of cute critters and scenery! She has a great eye for photography, which always attracts me to one's blog!

Dream Valley Ranch~ My friend SMRP is just a joy! She has such a great energy and love for her animals, and oh Nellie, she has a lot of them! I linked you to a recent post....head on over, you'll see why!

Chickens in the Road~ Suzanne has a great farm blog here and she shares everything from yummy recipes to adventures with the animals.

Goodness I don't think that is quite 10, but I am having a laptop issue right now that is making typing a post difficult, as many of my keyboard letters aren't showing up when I hit the keys. In fact, it might take me away for a while if my laptop has to go in for repair, it could take up to a week according to the tech person. I am hoping the problem will just "go away" (yes, you can laugh at that one) and I won't have to fork out the diagnostics fee. I will let you know if I do have to take it in to repair and I will try to post elsewhere if I can.

Have a great weekend!


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Lemons are everywhere! Who would have thought it in the winter time! Enjoy! Nothing makes you smile like a glass of lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award, PG! I'll hvae to check out some of those interesting blogs soon.
    Like you my computer's keys are acting up, too.
    I never know what will show up as I type. lol!

    ~Rapunzle

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo more blogs to check out!!! It's like ridin' down the trail and you can't stop or turn 'round 'cause you gotta see what's 'round the next bend~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award!! The blogs you've listed all sound very good, I am going to visit them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and your Appaloosa! I like how you put your blog together. Nice work. I need to figure out more of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!!! Congratulations on your award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm that lemonade you speak of sounds yummy! Congrats on your award! I will have to try a 'new' variety of lemonade this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pony Girl! Thank you so much for the shout out- I was away from the internet for a few days, and so I only found out today!!! thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!! I truly enjoy all of your feedback, advice, helpful tips, and stories. You all make me laugh and I learn so much from you, too. I will try to post replies to your comments as often as I can.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin