Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Adventure Begins

We're hittin' the trail. Or the road, I should say. It was 10:00 p.m. before we got into the house from hitching and loading hay and getting gas and ice and.....you know. I think we might be too tired from trip prep to enjoy the trip!

Yesterday was horse bath day and My Boy was not a pill, he was a PILL! It was about feeding time when it was his turn. He pulled back out of his halter and spun away from me as I was attempting to get it buckled behind his ear (he does this occasionally) and I swung the halter and lead at him. A 10 minute gallop around the pasture session ensued. Tail flagged, snorting, and running so hard I thought he was going to fall and break his leg and so much for our trip. Every time I approached him and he turned away I chased him off again. I was so miffed at him. He finally settled down. He hasn't done that in forever. Why is he so smart? How did he know it was bath time? Anyway, once the bath started, he was a good boy and he felt so soft and clean. Of course, after I hand grazed him, put his sheet on, and turned him back out, he dropped down in the dust and rolled on both sides, grinding in as much dirt as he could to any exposed hair. PILL.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit your blogs much the past few days, I miss you all terribly. I will catch up when I get back!

Please keep me, my family, and our horses in your thoughts and prayers as we travel to our destination and begin this 5 day horsey adventure. I promise to return next week with many stories and pictures. Tally ho!


17 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! I just got back from a wonderful horseback camping adventure in the Sierras with my family...it was the most delightful trip I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear your stories. They are always entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with the family and the horses! Good luck with the barrel pattern. I'm sure you and your Boy will do great!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time. Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fun and safe trip. I can't even imagine how much fun you are all going to have. Watch out for that Black Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderfully fun horsey trip!!! Definitley will be thinking about you - wishing I was out there riding, too!!! Can't wait for your updates and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time and make sure to take lots of pictures! especially of the appy in action. I'll be thinking of you........

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy trails to you, Pony Girl! I'm super jealous - haven't had a long ride somewhere new since this spring, and no overnights at all this year yet :(

    Sounds like we'll all be watching for pictures & a travelogue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you guys have a great trip! Can't wait to hear about it all...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great trip, take lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great time! Godspeed & Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally jealous! Have fun, be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course you are all ways in my thoughts HELLO I adopted myself into your family!! LOL MB was playin with you!! He wanted yu to chase him!! I hope you have a safe and fabulous time! Take lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have a great and safe trip! I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wishin you the best trip! hurry back and bring pics!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!! I truly enjoy all of your feedback, advice, helpful tips, and stories. You all make me laugh and I learn so much from you, too. I will try to post replies to your comments as often as I can.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin